Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

When I first picked this book up I thought it was going to be a boring, courtroom drama, but after a few pages the plot runs off at an unseen tangent, or so it seems. Soon the new tangent becomes knitted into the main plo, and the whole novel bcomes very involved and eggs the reader on to rad "Just to the end of this section".
The characters have depth, with some of their back-stories being revealed, this is not Fairstein's first book about Alexandra Cooper, so I am presuming that if I had read the previous one's Alex would have been an even more rounded character. Saying that, I don't think it is necessary to have read the others as Fairstein lets the reader know enough information about the main characters for the reader to be sympathetic to them.
The "what if" that she has followed could be explored further, but in a more menacing way, and probably will be or has been by another author. Being a "simple" Brit, I had no idea that New York has no fresh water on the island.
I enjoyed the book thoroughly, and would read others of Fairstein's.

http://www.lindafairstein.com/ More information can be found at the link, if you click on novels there is a link to the first chapter.
I haven't explored the website very far, but it looks quite interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home