Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Oliver bought this book while he was on his way back from his trip around Europe. Now I've finished it, and we've talked about it. We both agree that is a very depressing book.
I'm sorry, I didn't really like it for that reason, and the fact that the internal monologue passages are far too long for my liking, perhaps if the subject was less depressing I could have enjoyed it, but then it wouldn't be 1984. I am glad however Orwell's bleak outlook of the future has not happened.
I much prefer Animal Farm.
http://www.penguin.co.uk/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780141187761,00.html?strSrchSql=1984/Nineteen_Eighty-Four_George_Orwell

1 Comment:

  1. Blue said...
    I read it in maybe 2002 or so in order to help a co-worker who was enrolled in college courses here in New Orleans. I must say I'm not very fond of the book either and found it wholly depressing as well.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home