Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I will not apologise to the person who slated the last post of a Jodi Picoult book. They weren't slating me, just the books. And as I think I replied, what would the world be like if everyone liked the same sort of books, the huge width and depth of books being published today would not exist. To me the variety is good, and most people can find something to appeal if they want to read. And....YES!!!!! I like Jodi Picoult's books, they make the reader think, and are well researched.

Now onto the book.

Nineteen Minutes has a well constructed characters, with back stories that explain the actions they have taken. In this book the switching times to before and after the event helps build a more rounded picture.
It has faint links to "We Need to Talk about Kevin" by Lionel Shriver, by letting the reader know something of the main chacracter's life from his point of view and his parents. Unlike Shriver's book there is insight into the "victim's lives", and to me is better for this as it gives the reader a more balanced view. However, there is not one point where I felt that Peter should be found "not guilty". I did spot something that is only revealed late on the book at an early stage, probably just because I have read so much, and do write a little myself.
The book was very enjoyable, and I have yet to pick up a Jodi Picoult book and not finish it.

For a little more about the book go to the websites below:
www.jodipicoult.co.uk
or www.jodipicoult.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home