Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

This is a collection of short stories from Michel Faber.
So far I have only read the introduction and the first story, but they are all I expect from Michel Faber.
For anyone who has read "The Crimson Petal and the White", these are short stories about Sugar, etc from "The Crimson Petal and the White".
The one I have read places Sugar at 17 year old, and wanting to give Christmas to Christopher in Mrs Castaway's house, where he is currently employed.
It is a lovely "snapshot" of an underprivileged Christmas.

I hope the other stories are just as poignant.

15th November. Have now finished the short story collection, and yes, they were all as good as the first one, but then I would say that as Michel Faber is a favourite author of mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home