Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I picked this up thinking it was a novel. Upon reading it I found it was in fact an account of a "village" cricket team who play cricket around the globe. I have never heard of them, but I think a cricket lover will have done.
The story is written by Harry, the captain of the team, he relates the "highlights" of the Captain Scott XIs 20-odd year history. It all starting off with him and some friends wanting to play cricket, because they never had, and then being told they couldn't join in if they had never played. Not to be defeated by this, the group of true amateurs set up their own team, and arrange their own matches, usually getting soundly thrashed, but still enjoying themselves.
I liked the book, I think someone who understood cricket would like it more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home