Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I decided to read this book as it had received a good write up in the Waterstones Magazine.
It's a first novel, and despite what I see as it's shortcomings, it is a very good, readable novel.
The setting is the music publishing industry, the main character, thoroughly unlikeable, but interesting man named Steven Stelfox. By that I mean, if he were real, and I met him, I would steer well clear, as he lives in the "rarefied" world of the music industry and his only use for women is to save him a little DIY.
This novel would probably make for a very interesting film, and if it is made into a film, it would be worth a viewing. Mind you...I hated the Bridget Jones character in the novel, but thoroughly enjoyed the film. Casting, and bringing the characters to life can do wonders.
The other thing I disliked about the novel was the use of profanities. They may have been instrumental to the plot, but there were more than I thought necessary.
That aside, I DID enjoy the novel, and if I ever met Steven Stelfox I think I'd want to slap him, but I guess that is the anticipated reaction. After all, Casanova was cavalier in his treatment of women, but it didn't stop them liking him enough to sleep with him.
To find out more, follow the link below;
http://www.randomhouse.co.uk/catalog/book.htm?command=Search&db=main.txt&eqisbndata=043401799X

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home