Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

It's ages since I read a book by Harlan Coben, but I do like a good crime/detective novel. Promise Me did not disappoint. From the first to last page I was hooked, pots went unwashed, dogs let out into the yard, (joking!) so I could read. I did find myself sitting up in bed reading "just one more page" before I went to sleep. I love trying to second guess the "detective" and try to predict who the perpetrator is/was, and trying to predict the twists, but the ones in Promise Me were very subtle, and may not even be picked up on a second, or maybe third reading. Unless you sat there and started all over again, but the only time you would ever do that would be if you were studying the book as part of degree level education.
The bumph about the book is on Harlan Coben's website, link below. The only thing I should say is for lovers of Myron Bolitar, it's his return novel. If you read it, hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

http://www.harlancoben.com/static/novels/pm.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home